The practitioner, Susie D'Andrea
Susie has been practicing massage for as long as she can remember. Her father, a graphic designer, would always volunteer his children to give him short, 10 minute back rubs after dinner from working on the computer all day. As a child, Susie was unimpressed with performing these back rubs, but was more excited for what she got in return--the opportunity to take control of the TV remote during these 10 precious minutes. Though her hands hurt from doing so, she continued to give her father back rubs, and over the years, he would comment on her natural abilities and had even suggested it as a career path. When he would mention this, her reaction was always the same-- "Yea right, I don't want to rub backs for a living." But hey, a sometimes a girl could be wrong...
...In 2007, Susie found herself enrolled in a small massage therapy school located in Mays Landing, NJ. She always had a passion for helping people, and she realized, through proper technique and protocol, just how rewarding and healing massage therapy was. From there, she was fully engulfed in her passion.
As a practicing therapist since 2008, Susie worked in both spa and health/wellness environments before opening her own practice, Where Soul Meets Body, in 2014 (born in Denver, Colorado). In 2017, after nine years of living in beautiful Colorado, Susie decided that she missed home and made the 2,800 mile trip back to New Jersey, taking Where Soul Meets Body with her.
Susie is trained in a wide variety of modalities including: deep tissue, sports, spa treatments, prenatal massage, craniosacral, reflexology, and hot stone therapy. A board certified massage therapist (BCTMB) since 2014, she is also certified to practice Trauma Touch TherapyTM and is a certified Orthopedic therapist.
Through Where Soul Meets Body, Susie creates a space for clients to feel relaxed, rejuvenated, and restored in both body and soul. Recognizing that the soul and body are perpetually intertwined, Susie is passionate about using her knowledge of massage and holistic therapies to cater each session towards a client's individual needs. She is looking forward to starting a new chapter with new clients where she can relax the bodies, educate the minds, and renew the souls of all she has the pleasure of working with.
Education & Credentials
- 2007 graduate of Atlantic County School of Healing Arts in Mays Landing, NJ
- 2008 graduate of Denver School of Massage Therapy in Aurora, CO
- Trauma Touch TherapyTM – Levels I & II completed. Received certification as a Trauma Touch TherapistTM (2012) from the Colorado School of Healing Arts in Lakewood, CO.
- 80 hour Orthopedic Massage Program with James Waslaski (2016-2017) Certified in March 2018.
- Licensed Massage Therapist in the state of New Jersey (DCA) #18KT01159800 (2017-)
- Board Certified Massage Therapist with the National Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) #796822
- Licensed Massage Therapist in the state of Colorado (DORA) for nine years (2008-2017) #5056
- Certified Member of Associated Massage and Bodywork Professionals (ABMP)
- Adult, Child, and infant CPR/AED & First Aid (American Red CrossTM)
- Former provider with Hands on Heroes http://handsonheroescolorado.com/
- Has attended numerous seminars hosted by INR & IBP including: Trauma, PTSD & Anxiety Disorders, Calming An Overactive Brain, Understanding Dipression & Bipolar Disorder, and The Habits of Happy People.
- Volunteered chair and table massages for numerous charities and causes.